Americans love juice. People around the United States drank about 5.8 gallons per capita in 2018. As a consequence, more and more people are buying commercial fruit juicers to make their own juice. One reason for this trend is the influence of Millennials. It has been reported that about 40% of them have become bored with the traditional juices on the market today. This is according to the 2016 Trend Insight Report. If you have bought a high quality juicer machine or are opening a juice bar, here are some tips for making the best juice you can:
Get Your Produce Ready. If you want yummy juice, you have to start out with great produce. It also has to be produce that has been prepared before you put it in your commercial fruit juicer such as a Ceado ES700. You also should start by using organic fruit and vegetables. You use the entire body of the fruit and veggies when you use commercial juice machines, the quality of the produce needs to be top-notch.
- When you get fruit and vegetables that are not organic, you have no way of knowing how much contact they have had with chemicals and pesticides. To be safe, use organic produce for the best tasting and most healthy juice.
- Make sure your vegetables, herbs, and fruit have no chemicals or dirt on them when you use your industrial juicer.
- Chop your items into small enough pieces to work with your commercial fruit juicer.
- Do not cut up your produce items until you are ready to do your juicing. This will make the juice taste better because when it is left to oxidize, this happens right away after it is been chopped up, that makes it taste less fresh.
- Use the right speed. For softer fruits and veggies, you need a slower speed. Accordingly, you need to use a faster speed if you are juicing harder fruits and veggies.
- Take out any seeds or pits before you put your items through a juicer. Strawberries is the exception.
Start with the right fruits and vegetables. There are some produce items that do not make great juices. Others need to be cooked before they taste decent. Produce items that need cooking before they can be tasty include:
- Potatoes (not sweet)
Remove peels from:
- Melons of all kinds
Avoid certain combinations. For example, avocados and bananas can jam up your professional fruit juicer.
Try different flavor combinations. As was already mentioned Millenials are tired of tried and true juice flavors. Mix things up with wheatgrass, sweet potatoes (they do not need to be cooked), almond milk, pistachio milk, dandelion greens, seeds, and ginger root.
Add herbal juices to your marinades and sauces. There are a lot of options here to spice up your cooking. You can use fennel, parsley, and other herbs. This can also add a burst of flavor to butter, salad dressings, and sauces.
How to Use Your Juicer:
- Read the manual before you start using your commercial fruit juicer. This will give you an idea of how it is to be used, set up, and cleaned. Make sure you do not put anything in that the juicer was not designed to use. Your juicer was made for fruits and vegetables only.
- When you put the fruit and vegetables into your juicer, the slower the better. Pushing hard on the plunger so the fruit gets jammed into the juicer can cause problems with the machine and will give you a much lower yield. Most machines like our Ceado ES700 are very powerful and will slowly pull in the fruit and vegetables, so be sure to use slow pressure to the plunger to process.
- If you are using onions, garlic or herbs, you need to make sure those are used last. You should wash right away after using these items because they can leave some flavor behind.
- Use a pulp basket lined with a bag to catch all of the pulp. This makes cleanup easier.
- Serve your juice at the right time. You should serve it soon after it is made. Because you are not adding preservatives, it needs to be consumed soon after it is made.
There is a reason people love juice bars. Smoothies and juices are healthy and tasty. There are so many flavor combinations and options when you use a commercial fruit juicer. The options are almost infinite. These tips and tricks can do a lot to help you make great tasting juice for your customers, your family, and yourself.