Most Americans know that increasing one’s fruit and vegetable intake can have a number of positive physical effects. According to the U.S. Dietary Guidelines, consuming at least 2.5 cups of fruits and vegetables each day can reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease. Increasing how much fresh produce you eat can also help you maintain your weight and increase vital nutrients.
Of course, that’s why the benefits of juicinghave become so widely accepted, as well. By drinking these nutrients, it becomes a lot easier to ensure you’re following a balanced diet. Juicing can allow you to improve your digestion and increase your energy levels, among other things. But did you know that one of the biggest benefits of juicing can be observed just by looking at your skin?
It might sound far-fetched at first, but it actually makes a lot of sense. By using juicing equipment at home or by taking advantage of the professional juice makers owned by countless restaurants, gyms, health facilities, you can literally drink your way to clearer skin. For most of us, the “you are what you eat” adage actually holds true. Whatever you put into your body is often reflected in your appearance. So it stands to reason that if you’re making an effort to consume what’s most natural every day, your natural beauty will shine through.
Increasing your hydration alone can do wonders for your skin. One of the many benefits of juicing is that you’ll be more inclined to stay hydrated throughout the day. But there are also plenty of juice bar recipes that contain complexion-boosting ingredients. Some of these ingredients include…
- Aloe Vera: for repairing skin collagen and reducing skin irritation
- Beets: for healing damaged liver cells (which can result in reduced skin dryness, itchiness, redness, and irritation)
- Carrots: for reducing inflammation and collagen reduction (e.g., preventing signs of aging)
- Celery: for help with detoxification, alkaline levels, and silica production
- Cucumber: for increased antioxidants to restore damaged skin cells and better nutrient absorption
- Kale: for liver detoxification improvement, vitamin provision, and anti-inflammatory properties
- Pineapple: for antioxidants and enzymes (like bromelain) that can break down undigested proteins and clear up common skin problems
Ultimately, consuming fresh fruit juice drinks that contain no caffeine (which will dry out the skin), dairy (which can cause acne), or added sugar (which can lead to signs of aging or breakouts) can allow you to keep your skin hydrated and increase your intake of essential vitamins and nutrients to promote better skin health. So whether you’re looking for ways to incorporate some new juicing tips at home or you’re opening an eatery so you can share your juice creations with the general public, you won’t want to dismiss this unique advantage that juicing can offer. Not only will you feel like you can take on the world when you drink juice regularly, but your skin will have a healthy glow that others will want for themselves. For more information on our commercial juicer machines and how you can take your juice business to the next level, please contact us today.